Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Happy Birthday B!

Today is my darling B's birthday. He does not like presents that much and we don't have any money anyway, so I gave him a homemade card and coupons good for various tasks such as data entry (to help him with his constant data collection), cooking dinner (since he makes all the meals usually), etc. We have a lot of drama in our relationship in some ways, since both of us are moody, sensitive and have a full contingent of grimpiwah visitors. But since we first started dating, we have always truly liked each other and enjoyed each other's company above all others. I trust B completely and know that he will always be there for me, share everything he has with me, and love me even when I am behaving in a ridiculous manner.

We have been together since I was 19 and he was 18. He was my first boyfriend and I was his first serious girlfriend (although he'd dated and slept with other girls before me). We've been through multiple hospital visits, several surgeries, countless moves, mental health crises, living internationally (twice so far!), poverty, and being chased by a knife-wielding maniac together. I can't imagine anyone else that I would prefer to have by my side for the good (riding elephants in Vietnam!), the bad (getting my appendix out in a foreign country) or the ugly (having a fight where I cut up a rabbit statue he gave me with scissors and left the decapitated, quartered pieces on the floor for him to find, along with a note blaming him for the rabbit statue's death).

He is a wonderful person and I am so lucky that he loves me. I hope your birthday is everything you hoped for B!

1 comment: