Friday, February 3, 2012

Sherlock

Last night I watched a new (to me, anyway) TV series called Sherlock, at my sister's recommendation (she watches a lot of TV shows, so knows what's out there.) I am now obsessed and want to watch every episode ever. B and I stayed up until 1:30 am, because I couldn't tear myself away.

The show is based (quite closely, so far) on Conan Doyle's famous stories (which I love and have read many times), but updated into the present day. So Sherlock Holmes and John Watson have the same personalities and similar life histories, a similar relationship dynamic, and go on similar adventures, but they use cell phones and the Internet regularly, Watson has a lesbian sister, Holmes uses nicotine patches instead of pipe tobacco, etc. It is really well-done, with clever dialogue, interesting character development, and plenty of suspense/intrigue.

It's so exciting to discover something new to watch (since I don't like Project Runway any more, and saw all of Rome already).

No comments:

Post a Comment